Monday, 17 March 2014

More Research


Today I looked at the history of horror to find out how and where it first came about I found that horror as a genre first appeared in the release of “Dracula” and “Frankenstein” (1931) these were both written and produced by Universal Picture Co. Inc. This was the company that originally made horror films popular all around the world.

I found out this information with the help of this website

http://www.horrorfilmhistory.com/

As part of my research I looked up how popular horror movie were when it came to theatre sales.

Night of the living dead was yet another incredible grossing film, the budget for this movie was arguably low with $114,000, and nevertheless it found a wide independent release thanks to word of mouth and took $12m at the box-office and another $18m internationally. This went down in history because the cast of the film were not world-wide superstars with regards to their acting careers. Nonetheless it didn't matter when it came to this production the audience was attracted to this film regardless.

Halloween (1978) is the most profited independent film within the box office with its hugely successful anticipated production, with the extremely low budget of $300,000 however with the product had great success making over $60 million worldwide and has grossed more than $3 billion over the years in movie receipts, TV royalties, DVD sales and movie rentals.

No comments:

Post a Comment